"That’s where you’re supposed to laugh and you realise that we’re both outsiders who nobody gets, and then you get my name tattooed on your neck until it all goes terribly wrong and you have to turn it into a snake just biting your earlobe.”
FTOTD: All about eyebrows!
Eyebrows are the defining feature of our faces, if done incorrectly we can be left looking pretty scary. So here are some tips, tricks and equipment you’ll need to have fabulous eyebrows.
Brow Products and Equipment:
Tweezers: Tweezers shaped on a diagonal are the easiest type with which to carefully remove one hair at a time.
Eyebrow Brush: To separate hairs and free them from underlying makeup.
Brow Shading Angular Brush: Unique shape wedge to apply brow-shading color for a natural look.
Brow Pencils: An excellent way to apply brow color.
- Takes 15 to 30 minutes.
- Ideal for shaping eyebrows.
- Precise because you remove one hair at a time
- Can be done at home.
- Takes 3 Minutes
- Ideal for eliminating peach fuzz around brows.
- One false move, and there goes half your eyebrow.
- Preferably done by a professional.
To Measure Brows:
- Beginning of the brow: Place a pencil along corner of nostril and tear duct of the eye to determine beginning of brow.
- Highest elevation of the brow: Draw a line from the outer edge of the iris (that which forms the colored portion of the eyes).
- Length of the outer end: Place pencil along corner of nostril to corner of eye to determine length of eyebrow.
To Tweeze Brows:
- Clean eye area first using toner.
- Brush brows up to find natural shape.
- Tweeze out one hair at a time in the direction in which brows grow. Grabbing too many hairs can really irritate the skin. Tweeze from underneath the brow only.
- Apply toner or witch hazel again immediately after.
- Trim wayward or too-long hairs with small scissors.
- Check brows in a good light at least every other night and remove regrowing hairs.
**If you are very sensitive, rub an ice cube on the brow area just long enough for it to feel slightly numb.
To Apply Brow Color:
- Brush brows up with eyebrow brush to find natural shape. Eyebrow color should be applied by following the natural line.
- Fill in with short strokes with the brow brush or pencil, duplicating hairs. Brows should begin softly, become more prominent and end gently.
- When brows are brushed back in line, the entire brow should look like real hair - with highlights and shadows.
- A normal, natural arch duplicates the shape of the eye below it and gives added beauty to any face type.
- If you do happen to over tweeze, you can fill in the sparse area(s) with a pencil or brow kit until the hairs grow back. But constant inspection of your brows will help prevent over tweezing.
- Set the shape of the brow and hold unruly hairs in place with the brow-grooming gels, which come in different colors and clear formulas. Look for ones that don’t flake or harden when they dry. Clear mascara or hair gel on a clean mascara wand sets brows also. Brush toward temples.
**Remember to keep your brows groomed. This really helps to finish off your eye makeup. And always remember to lightly brush your brows after you have applied either pencil or shadow. This helps to soften any brush or pencil strokes.